Friday 27 March 2015

French pharmacy goodness





Some of you lovelies, especially those of you who live in UK, may know of a little website called escentual.com. The website offers all kinds of things beauty, including French pharmacy cosmetics that may be hard to find in drugstores or on the high street. And seeing that till the end of March, Escentual have a great promotion of up to a third off selected French goodies, I thought that I would share with you a few things worth buying. 

First up is Bioderma Sensibio H2O - micelle solution. Now you may have read about it on your favourite blogs or seen it on You Tube. If you've never tried it, but want to then put it in your basket pronto. Formulated especially for sensitive skin, it removes make up and impurities efficiently without irritating. It is fragrance-free, alcohol-free, doesn't contain soap and it has physiological pH (the pH of your skin), so it won't dry or sensitize. It really does remove mascara and heavier, albeit non-waterproof, make up quickly and doesn't sting the eyes.

Serozinc by La Roche-Posay is another YouTube / blogosphere hit that, until recently was only available on ebay or in France. Now you can easily get it in UK and with a third off, which brings it down to under £6 (and to think that I paid £13.50 on ebay when I first got it-dread). It is created with just three ingredients: La Roche-Posay's soothing thermal spring water, healing zinc sulfate and astringent sodium chloride. If you have blemish-prone skin, then Serozinc is your friend. You can use it as a toner or a refreshing mist during the day. Zinc sulfate is the ingredient added to many, if not all, products for blemish-prone or acneic skins. I'm on my second bottle and have a back-up in my stash.

Speaking of La Roche-Posay, I couldn't not mention yet another internet world favourite - Effaklar Duo [+]. The non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, oil-free wonder that helps your skin fight excess shine, unclog pores and correct the appearance of blemishes, while, at the same time, rebuilding your skin's surface and preventing the pigmentation marks left behind by angry spots. Now, my skin doesn't quite agree with having it all over it, so I use it as a targeted treatment on those pesky lurkers that sit deep under my skin and feel like a volcano waiting to erupt. This cream really speeds up the process of the spots coming to the surface and makes them heal much faster without scarring or pigmentation marks.

Last, but not least, is the Vichy Ideal Soleil Mattifying Face Fluid - Dry Touch SPF50+. A sunscreen protector with both UVB and UVA filters. This products is for all of you girls (and guys) out there who used to either skip SPF creams altogether or resigned themselves to looking shiny in the name of protection. This little gem will protect your skin with a high factor and give you matte complexion. It works perfectly as under make up primer, too. I love it, and I am really picky about my sun products. This one really does what it says on the tin, so it is no wonder I'm on my second tube.

Will you be purchasing any of the products mentioned above? Or do you have recommendations of your own? I'd love to know, so why don't you leave me a comment?

Basia x



This post was not sponsored. It does not contain affiliate links.


No comments:

Post a Comment